Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Joy--What does it mean?

Good question, right?

We all are in constant search for it. Well, I know I am. How about you?

Lately, I've been reading a lot about how JOY effects even our health. If we are without it, we aren't functioning right. I mean, it makes sense right? We are made to enJOY life.

For me, the past few years I've drifted far from the things I love, and even let go of some dreams I once had... but some part of that dream still remains. Like my love for music and especially LYRICS. I love words.

I really LOVE words. And I think I always will. Something about lyrics in a song pieced together like a puzzle and yet, almost effortlessly that makes me feel... alive. (This coming from a girl who originally went to school and studied Lyric Writing & Music Business!)

I believe it's how my Maker made me. All the simple joys I find, I am. But, I am realizing more and more, even if I don't make a living out of ALL my joys...they are still apart of WHO I am and I need to keep embracing them daily. It's just like breathing....

So, I leave you with a piece of lyric that touched me this week. It has no relevance to my life, but the words are just beautifully written...lyrical excellence! (In my opinion...) And I leave with this question.... What is your joy? Seek it, find it, and then don't let it go.

"You take this hand, You take this heart, Stir my bones from a thousand miles apart, Feels so cold without you, It's like ten shades of winter and I need the sun..."  Won't Stop-- One Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment