Thursday, February 2, 2012

"That's the thing about inner beauty..."


All too often we grow up with having a distorted view of what beautiful (or handsome, for the fellas) looks like. And if we are not careful, it can wreak havoc on our self esteem, shaping us into a person that we were not meant to be.

Personally, I've gone through many bouts of serious depression, self-harm and eating disorders as a result of letting other people tell me who I had to be. I let other people tell me I wasn't good enough, beautiful enough, skinny enough.... they essentially wrote on my forehead, "I am not worthy."

What I've come to finally accept about myself is this:
I am not perfect.
I don't speak the loudest but that doesn't mean I don't have a voice.
I come off as shy but that doesn't mean I am weak.
I am quiet in spirit but strong in the way I love.
I take longer than most to come around, but when I do I give my all.
I don't know the perfect conversation but I listen intently.
I have visible scars on my face from the years of harsh battle with hereditary acne but I still smile.
I don't have the greatest body but it's mine to care for as best I can.
I don't know the way to turn a head but the one who loves me sees only me...and that's all that matters.

I matter to the people that matter to me and that's all I can ever really ask for.

------------

After many trials and tribulations, I found that my faith played a HUGE role in recapturing the women I am and still am trying to become.

This is one of my life verses I cling to, especially on hard days when it's too easy to pick on myself for the smallest imperfection. It's then that I turn my eyes to the one who created me, knowing He never makes mistakes...

"It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful. No, your beauty should come from within you—the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed and is very precious to God."  ~ 1 Peter 3:3-4


This entry was a bit of the more personal side of me. I want people that I mentor and consult with to know I am REAL. I've been there...where you have been in some way, shape or form. And I GET IT. I KNOW how it feels. And I am dedicated to YOUR health in every way.

The way you see yourself plays a HUGE role in your health. Too many diseases can stem from negative thought patterns. So, let's break this together....you and me.

I would love to hear your story. Email me privately if you wish at wholebodygrace@gmail.com

By Grace...

7 comments:

  1. That's a good attitude and approach to have. Just because we're not a certain way,or don't look a certain way, doesn't mean that we don't matter. Our differences make us who we are, they make us individuals. Everyone has something to offer, everyone has something to give, and everyone is beautiful in their own, unique way. There's no way to truly objectively measure or quantify what's beautiful or what's not beautiful, because it's an entirely subjective matter that's ultimately left up to the "beholder". In life,when it comes to the people we invite in our lives, it's like the old cliche goes, "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." The key to happiness in life is to find those people who matter to us and accept us as we are. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment, Grahm :) I really appreciate your support through and through...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother printer support is a product of the Japanese multinational company called Brother Industries that deal with different electrics and electrical products. We provided help and support to customers problem developed. Some of the problems like installation, network issue, Wireless printing or error code etc easily solved to call brother printer support phone number and chat with brother printer support contact members. Contact us at Our Toll Free Number +1-888-621-0339.
    https://technolife27.blogspot.com/2018/11/steps-to-connect-your-wireless-hp.html
    https://technolife27.blogspot.com/2018/11/troubleshoot-canon-printer-ink-error.html
    https://technolife27.blogspot.com/2018/11/change-the-ink-cartridge-in-the-Brother-MFG-inkjet-printer.html
    https://technolife27.blogspot.com/2018/12/fixing-brother-printer-error-50.html
    https://technolife27.blogspot.com/2019/01/fix-hp-printer-error-504-hp-printer.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice thought in your the blog is very useful for us, and I want to provide some great news for good health yoga is a nice thought n solution for living in a free mind.

    http://tramadolshop.wallinside.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many people doing hard work everyday and after that feeling of tired and Yoga is best solution for keep fit and fine full body also remove stress.

    Tramadolshop

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome 'n' needful information which you provide in blog.and keep sharing more new readable pieces of information. well, we just want to share all of that related to human health.Other than quality of medicines, the brand is also known for providing medicines within said time frame also with the transparent billing.

    Buy Provigil Online

    ReplyDelete