Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Words Are Power





Health isn't just about what you put in your mouth or how much you exercise.

It's a mentality. And it all starts with your words.

The power to see change in your life can be found in the words you speak. You have the power to set the destiny for your life...by what comes out of your mouth.

The bible tells us in Proverbs 18:21 that life and death are found in the words we speak. No one gets to decide the words that come out of your mouth except for you.

You have complete control over what you choose to say.

Your words have the power to set things in motion, good or bad. They’re like little seeds that you plant in life.

When your words are filled with faith, hope and promise then you’ll enjoy the fruit of them. But if they’re filled with discouragement, fear and other negative attitudes you won’t enjoy your life.

Don't believe me? Tomorrow try saying over and over, "I'm so tired" and see how your body reacts. The more you say it, the more you feel that feeling. Let's face it, you'll be tired.

But instead of speaking what you obviously are feeling, try replacing it with, "I'm strong", "I'm healthy", "I am well able to do what I am called to do today"

Sure, it takes time to adjust to hearing yourself speak positive affirmations over your life, but as with any habit...you have to do it over and over again. Eventually, it will just be a habit for you to speak power over your life, and not defeat.

GRACE BREAK:

Take 5 minutes and write out a list of "I Am's" and post them where you can see them every day.

Here is an example of mine:
I am blessed.
I am strong.
I am healthy.
I am happy.
I am a child of God.
I am a women of faith.
I am more than able to do what God has called me to do.
I am funny.
I am beautiful.
I am talented.
I am creative.


Not hard, right? Let go and be courageous with what you speak! Here's to a better tomorrow and a beautiful future that awaits you... just say the words ;)

By Grace,
Erica











*Pic credit goes to Wisdom From Books

2 comments:

  1. So true!! I once heard about a study done with ice crystals. A scientist took 2 glasses of water and spoke lovingly and positively to one, while he yelled and spoke negatively to the other. After freezing them (or whatever it was they did with them) they noticed that the crystals in the water that received positive words were beautifully formed with nice patterns, but the other glass had crystals that were erratic and ugly.
    Very interesting, especially when you remember our bodies are made up of 75% water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete