Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 11- Purpose & Prayer

So, here I am. Winding down at the end of my partial fast day and I got to say...God is good.

Sometimes we build things up in our minds that seem a far too great an obstacle to run. I mean come on, who wants to not eat all day?!

I love food, how about you? But when it comes to a 40 Day journey such as The Maker's Diet... it's not just about the food. You just don't count calories. In fact, calories aren't even a factor in this diet. (Shocking, I know...) The purpose of this diet is to let your body heal, restore and get back to the way God intended.

Today's fast was a lot more bare-able when I kept that purpose in the forefront of my mind. See, for me, my whole life before was centered around diets just to lose weight because I was putting pressure on me to fit in or whatever. You know how the story goes...

It's only Day 11 of this 40 Day journey and I am in awe of the One who made me. I really am...

My sister gave me this scripture that I read every time I had those hunger pangs today, and boy, did He deliver His promise...

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his love and for the miracles he does for people. He satisfies the thirsty, and fills up the hungry." ~Psalm 107:8-9

It's not about a number on a scale, the way the clothes fit (although, its a bonus) counting calories or restrictive eating... it's about taking care of the most precious thing God's given us... Our bodies.

We only get one.




*Picture credit goes to Tryst

No comments:

Post a Comment