Sunday, April 17, 2011

40 Days Of The Maker's Way

  
Photo Courtesy of http://www.makers-diet.net                     















Ever since I got this book in the mail only a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to put it down! I had been familiar with Jordan Rubin before when I tried to read his book that was written after The Maker's Diet and that is called The Great Physician's Rx for Health & Wellness.



Tried being the key word.

I obviously wasn't in the right frame of mind. I got a few pages in and felt that it wasn't for me. As I continued on in life trying to "diet" by the worlds standards, I continued to fail and yo-yo diet, losing and gaining weight, never staying consistent and worst of all, hurting myself in the process.

Fast forward over a year later and since then gone through school for Nutrition & Wellness and been exposed to whole new world of REAL food & exercise...my mentality is right where it needs to be. And I am ready!

So, as I embark on these 40 Days...starting tomorrow, I want to take you along for the ride. I'll be documenting my experiences right here.

----------------------------------------------------

What is The Maker's Diet?

"Diet" being a loose term here, these 40 days do not just focus on the simple desire to lose weight for physical appearance, rather it's a lifestyle regimen designed to improve overall health and healing and to return to the foods that our bodies were designed to run best on. Along with incorporating real food, The Maker's Diet encourages real exercise, prayer, and seeking joy to start living a fuller, healthier life.

----------------------------------------------------

So if you wonder, "Hey, can I do this?" Stick around and I'll be giving you play by plays, so to speak, as I do my usual "9-5" job, plus incorporating a huge aspect for me into these 40 Day's and that's....

JOY.

See, I've come to realize that I can eat all the right foods, do all the right exercise and take all the right vitamins and supplements but as it says in Proverbs 17:22... "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." 

This is my challenge. To find my joy in life again and keep it apart of my life as much as taking care of this body for optimum health. Also, I am believing for my knees to get stronger and heal within these 40 Days. I've had trouble with them the past couple years and actually...that is what has kept me from one of my joys, and that is dancing!

All the more reason to get healthy and get on God's plan...

I hope you will join me as I journey through this... and if you please, keep me in your prayers as I commit these next 40 Days to the Lord!


"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength..."

No comments:

Post a Comment