Friday, June 17, 2011

We All Fall Down

                  
         “…though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again…”
                                                                        Proverbs 24:16 
 
I got to believe that even the most perfect people have days they feel like...most imperfect (because really, who is perfect?!)
I got to believe that even professional basketball players don't play at the top of the game...all the time. 
And I got to believe that even the King of Pop messed up a dance step or two every now and again. 
What's my point? We all can't be perfect. Sometimes we do fall.

My passion has been to help people lead healthier, happier lives because when we feel our best, we be our best and do what we were created to do with vibrancy and all the skills God equipped us with! So when we neglect our health and put low on our list of things to do...we all fall down.
Situations, set backs, disappointments, bad habits and blah blah blah (insert excuse here)...just a series of not fun stuff has thrown me off my game. Guess it's called...life? ;) ...and I got to admit to you all.... I am not being my best so I have stepped back and stopped doing what I so claim to "passionately" do. 
I miss me. I haven't been me at all lately... And I need your help!
A big thing I've realized is that I know all the right things to do but I have no accountability, no partner(s)... I keep doing this health thing alone. And that is NOT how we are meant to do life. 
So, that's why I am thrilled to have discovered a great post on a awesome blog I keep up with called An Idol Heart. There is a movement getting started called The #SexyBack11 Health Challenge. (Love me some JT!)  Check it out >>here<< to read what it's all about!  
I'm excited to be apart of this community of awesome people and  hopefully get back to the women that was full of energy, joy and just a wee bit slimmer then the current me ;) 

My Goal: Lose 28 lbs by my 28th birthday (September 19th)
Anyone want to join me? :)
 
Photo by Red Bubble

2 comments:

  1. What a great goal! I love that you wrote it down and posted it here for the world to see and hold you accountable ;)
    The #SexyBack11 challenge looks awesome too! Thanks for linking up to a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lori. I always appreciate your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete